- Candles are beautiful and enjoyable, however they need to be cared for to make sure your candle experience is a happy and safe one.
- The timber lid should not be placed back onto the candle until it is completely cold. Do not use the lid to snuff the candle out. Do not place on the candle whilst the wick is warm.
- Trim your wick. It’s really important for a safe and even burn to trim to around 0.5cm before lighting. After lighting and when the candle is completely cold, trimming can be done before relighting by simply breaking the cold, soft part of the wick off and discarding it.
- Melting to the edge of the jar ensures that you get the full benefit of all the fragranced wax and avoids tunnelling through the centre.
- When your candle is at least 1cm from the bottom, leave until cold. Scrape out the last of the wax. Wash with warm soapy water and repurpose as you wish.
CANDLE SAFETY Never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn candle out of reach of children and pets. Do not place the lid back on the candle until completely cold and not smoking. Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep the candle away from flammable materials. Place candles in an upright position on a heat resistant surface. Do not touch or move burning candles. Do not place candles in a draught. Do not light for longer than four hours at one time. If the flame gets too large, smokes or flickers repeatedly, extinguish. Keep the wax pool clear of any debris. Do not allow the candle to burn down completely. Extinguish when a minimum of 1cm of wax remains. Always refer to the candle safety label, care and safety guidance and Hallam Candle Terms and Conditions. All candles are CLP compliant in accordance with the Classification, Labelling and Packaging 2008 European Union regulation 2008 and are labelled in accordance with the General Product Safety Regulations 2005.